Login
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JanetLewis  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 7, 2023 11:56:56 AM(UTC)
JanetLewis

In my PERSONAL (NOT MYICLUB) STOCK CENTRAL PORTFOLIO I am checking my 1099 from TD Ameritrade against my records. ALL my dividends should be Qualified, but are coming up in MY PORTFOLIO as Non-Qualified. I use the x dividend date. Why did this happen and how do I correct it so my records match the 1099?

Thanks for your help. I know you are busy with clubs now, but I want to resolve this issue if possible.

Janet

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Pawche  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 20, 2023 4:45:11 AM(UTC)
Pawche

Was thanked: 50 time(s) in 44 post(s)
Janet,
What is the company (companies) where the qualified/ordinary dividend discrepancy occurred? Did you have any buy or sell transactions for them?

Russell Malley
Pawche  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 7, 2023 5:03:14 PM(UTC)
Pawche

If your 1099 has 2022 AL distributions as qualified dividends, then it is incorrect. Air lease issued a form 8937 declaring all distributions in 2022 were return of capital, not dividends.
I checked my dividends and the report shows all as qualified.
If you sold shares between the record date and the ex-dividend date, then some or all of a dividend may be non-qualified.
StockCentral uses the same method to determine qualified dividends as myICLUB, using the holding period during the 121 day qualifying period around the ex-dividend date. While unlikely, if you have no shares owned recorded and just tracking dividends, StockCentral would report all dividends as non-qualifying.
If none of these apply, send me a private message so we can arrange a Zoom meeting so I can see your data.
Attached is the relevant page from the AL form 8937.
AL-Form 8937_2022_.pdf (52kb) downloaded 0 time(s).
Russell Malley
Pawche  
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 9, 2023 12:37:15 AM(UTC)
Pawche

Another item that can affect dividend category is the security type designation for the securities in your portfolio. You can check the security type designation by going to Portfolio > Utilities > Edit securities. The page will show a list of all securities in your portfolios. Click the edit icon (a small pencil) next to the name of the security. The default should be Stock-common. You can also click on the Portfolio help link and choose the Qualifying Dividends topic in the left navigation column for some help on designating different security types.

Russell Malley
JanetLewis  
#5 Posted : Sunday, March 12, 2023 7:37:31 PM(UTC)
JanetLewis

My stocks are listed as common stocks. Broker lists dividends as qualifying, but Stock Central has them as non-qualifying.