Login
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Pawche  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2019 9:15:13 PM(UTC)
Pawche

Was thanked: 50 time(s) in 44 post(s)
A recent post to this forum asked about adding a feature to Toolkit6 for exporting the Portfolio Summary report in CSV format so it can be analyzed in a spreadsheet. This got me thinking about other tools where spreadsheet analysis can be useful. So here is an example of the Roster of Quality Companies sorted by Industry and then by Take Stock Quality Score. This list groups all companies in an industry together and places them in Quality ranking order, with the highest ranked listed first within each industry.
Regional banks in the US seem to dominate the Roster at this time. If you were looking for such an investment there is a abundance of quality options.
StockCentral_RosterOfQuality.pdf (84kb) downloaded 17 time(s).

Russell Malley
thanks 1 user thanked Pawche for this useful post.
BRGanta on 3/29/2019(UTC)

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

BRGanta  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 29, 2019 11:04:33 AM(UTC)
BRGanta

Thank you for the sorted Roster list.

However, I do not see where you have explained the process of exporting or downloading the list from the StockCentral website predefined screener in a CSV or Excel format. Is this by marking or copying the table and pasting into an Excel sheet or some other direct way? Thank you
Pawche  
#3 Posted : Friday, March 29, 2019 11:16:38 PM(UTC)
Pawche

Exporting the Roster of Quality Companies into Excel is a direct export.
Navigate to the Roster by clicking on the Data and Research tab then click the link for Roster of Quality Companies.
When the Roster appears look at the far right of the web page at the same level as the date. There will be 2 page icons. Click the one with XLS. This will open a window to save or open the Excel file.

Russell
BRGanta  
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 26, 2019 10:10:11 AM(UTC)
BRGanta

How do I import the input data on revenue and EPS growth rates and the high/low PE rations as used by the StockCentral SSG analysis when I download the Roster of Quality stocklist in to ToolKit-6?

Once sometime back I turned this off and now would like to re-activate the SSG input data from as used by the website analyses. Thank you
Reddy Ganta
Pawche  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 1, 2019 4:40:01 AM(UTC)
Pawche

If I am interpreting your question correctly you want to use the StockCentral data feed for your data input for your ToolKit SSGs.
You choose the data feed by clicking the "Preferences" link in the menu bar at the top of the ToolKit page. Once in the Preferences page click on the "Data Feed" tab.
Next, click the radio button for the StockCentral data feed. You will then need to fill-in the fields for your StockCentral user name and password to be able to download the data.

If you want all the judgements used by StockCentral I do not know a way to do the Roster all at once. You can do individual companies by doing the following:
Go to the Roster at StockCentral
Find the company you wish to move to ToolKit.
Click the "Report" link at the far right of the screen in the same row as the company name.
When the report appears look just above the company name header. There will be 2 links named "Get SSG data" and "Get ITK data". Clicking on either of these will open ToolKit with an SSG for the company selected.
It may be my computer set-up but I've found it works a bit better if ToolKit is closed when I click one of those links.

I'll ask around the office about doing this in bulk.
I have noticed if I just open a stock in the Roster of Quality Companies portfolio area and choose "Show me ToolKit's judgment" the judgement area will be completed. This is usually the same as the StockCentral judgement but sometimes there may be slight differences. If you have completed an SSG for one of the Roster stocks, Toolkit will open your completed SSG and not ask if you want to use ToolKit judgement.

If I missed the mark on interpreting your question let me know.

Russell

David2  
#6 Posted : Sunday, December 1, 2019 6:54:57 AM(UTC)
David2

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I was looking for a way to export the Roster of Quality into the my portfolio in Stock Central to talk advantage of the Tools in the Portfolio. I have to set this up manually now. If it could be imported into the portfolio I could set this up in a portfolio and update it when the Roster of Quality is updated without manually doing so.
Pawche  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, December 11, 2019 11:04:52 PM(UTC)
Pawche

This seems like a useful feature. I added it my list of new features to bring up at a staff meeting. Right now we are pretty focused on getting all the tax printers working and accepted by the IRS and various state tax authorities. It might be a while before any action is taken on this.

Russell Malley
Pawche  
#8 Posted : Thursday, December 19, 2019 8:46:27 PM(UTC)
Pawche

I brought this feature up at a recent staff meeting. It was decided to create a portfolio existing of the companies in the Roster of Quality. This portfolio would then update when the Roster updated. The exact details will be worked out with management and the programmers. It may be an automatic portfolio for all StockCentral members. Implementation will be when programmer time permits. My guess is that means sometime after tax season. Right now programmer time is heavily invested in getting the Federal tax printer ready and approved by the IRS as well as multiple state tax printers.

Russell
thanks 1 user thanked Pawche for this useful post.
David2 on 11/21/2020(UTC)
David2  
#9 Posted : Monday, January 13, 2020 7:36:33 AM(UTC)
David2

Thank You, This should help a lot.

Edited by user Monday, January 13, 2020 11:38:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

David2  
#10 Posted : Sunday, December 20, 2020 6:36:22 AM(UTC)
David2

I would like an update on putting the roster of quality in the portfolio section of stock Central so I can use the tools in the portfolio section. I have to manually put them in now. What is the status of doing this project now. I contacted you back in January of 2019 about this. Thank you David DeBruhl
Pawche  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, December 22, 2020 1:09:08 AM(UTC)
Pawche

Thank you for asking for an update on making the Roster of Quality Companies available for export into Excel. I have not heard any recent news. There is a meeting this week. I will ask about the status and report back later this week.

Russell Malley
David2  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, December 23, 2020 7:48:15 AM(UTC)
David2

I am sorry I wanted to know about putting the Roster of Quality in the Portfolio section of Stock Central not exporting to Excel.
Pawche  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, December 30, 2020 8:53:40 PM(UTC)
Pawche

I did bring this topic up at a staff meeting. It is still planned to make the Roster of Quality Companies a group in the Portfolios. So far the idea is to make the Roster a default portfolio for everyone. This may change with further input from StockCentral users.
The group was a bit chagrined that this project had slipped thru the cracks and not been implemented. Unfortunately, it will be a little longer as the Holidays and tax printer projects are taking up programming resources. Seeing where this project fits into the programming priorities will not take place until at least the first week of January. I'll try to post any news by the second week of January.
Happy New Year. May it bring Peace,Joy,and Prosperity.

Russell Malley
Pawche  
#14 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2021 9:58:22 PM(UTC)
Pawche

Including the Roster of Quality Companies into the Portfolio section, as a non-editable portfolio, has been added to the programmer's projects. Right now the priority will be the Federal and State tax printer software for ICLUBcentral but this Roster project is on the programming "to do" list. StockCentral subscribers will probably see the Roster in the Portfolio section before I do. I'll post about the implementation when it is completed also.

Russell Malley
Pawche  
#15 Posted : Sunday, March 7, 2021 7:06:43 PM(UTC)
Pawche

I am happy to announce that the Roster of Quality Companies (ROQ) is now available in Portfolios on StockCentral. To find the ROQ in the Portfolios, scroll to the bottom of the My Portfolios section of the StockCentral home page. Click on the See all portfolios link. Then select the Roster of Quality from the drop-down menu in the My Portfolios portion of the Portfolio page.
Thanks for the suggestion. Hope it helps with your investing.

Russell Malley
David2  
#16 Posted : Monday, March 8, 2021 6:57:57 AM(UTC)
David2

Thank you for adding the roster of quality to the portfolio section. However when I review the portfolio all the categories that I'm looking for give me information except for the review section. Please advise. David DeBruhl
gerlach  
#17 Posted : Friday, March 26, 2021 10:30:00 AM(UTC)
gerlach

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Originally Posted by: David2 Go to Quoted Post
Thank you for adding the roster of quality to the portfolio section. However when I review the portfolio all the categories that I'm looking for give me information except for the review section. Please advise. David DeBruhl

That report requires user judgment, which isn't available for the Roster companies as with other portfolios that users create.