Login
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dmdonato  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 10, 2021 4:15:50 PM(UTC)
dmdonato

Hi! How do you generate the Security Dividends Report?

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

sean  
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 11, 2021 9:58:06 AM(UTC)
sean

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Hello,

Before listing the steps to display the report, it's important to point out that it requires you to have entered the dividends received from the various securities in the report. If you have not entered the transactions, the report does not automatically track and display the dividends for securities.

That in mind:

If you're working in the portfolio section of StockCentral, click the portfolio first, to see the basic reports. Click Advanced Reports, near the top right of the page, to see more reports. From there, click Security Dividends in the left-hand column.
Select the portfolio you want to display the report for, and the range of dates. By default, all of the securities in the portfolio will be selected.
Click Submit, and the report will be displayed.
dmdonato  
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 11, 2021 12:50:36 PM(UTC)
dmdonato

Sean-

Hi! Where do you enter the dividends? And do you have to enter the date you received and the amount you received?

Why doesn't the data feed have this information? All other information is imported?

If this is necessary to enter then what is the purpose of the Report, you can maintain an excel document..

Best Regards.

Dan
sean  
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 11, 2021 2:44:06 PM(UTC)
sean

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Hi,

For any portfolio not marked as SIMPLE on the main portfolios page, click the name of the portfolio, to get to the default Valuation report. Check above the title of the report for a link titled Transactions. Click that link, and you will see a list of all the transaction types that the site knows how to accommodate.

As far as automatic entry, this part of the site is carried over from the club accounting site, where we didn't want to assume either way that the dividends would be accepted as is or always reinvested.
If you start to make an entry, some information such as the ex-dividend date, and the amount of the dividend (based on the number of shares as of the date you enter for the dividend) will fill in automatically, so it's not 100% manual.

As far as the utility of the report, primary purpose is to work with the Buy and Sell transactions you're entering as part of the record-keeping, to help keep track of whether the dividends are Qualified or non-Qualified.
dmdonato  
#5 Posted : Thursday, November 11, 2021 2:53:31 PM(UTC)
dmdonato

Sean-

Thanks. I followed your instructions for two stocks and so far it seems to work. Unfortunately or fortunately I have over 30 stocks that need data entered. It will take some time to collect and enter all of the data but once completed the report will be helpful.

I use to purchase dividend.com software but they changed the software and the information was to difficult for me to apply so I canceled.

I will keep in touch.

Best Regards.

Daniel