Login
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
David2  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 16, 2021 5:29:03 AM(UTC)
David2

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Take stock will not come up when you put in the stock symbol. It goes to the page but only sits there and does nothing.

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

sean  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 16, 2021 10:05:42 AM(UTC)
sean

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Hello,

Thank you for posting. I tried TakeStock this morning, and it seems to be bringing up company information. If you are continuing to run into trouble, please post again, to let us know.

Regards,
BetsyZimmerman  
#3 Posted : Friday, September 17, 2021 2:15:12 PM(UTC)
BetsyZimmerman

TakeStock does not give me any data after I input the stock symbol. This has been problematic for about 2 weeks. Tried to send you a message online and all I got was an error message.
Pawche  
#4 Posted : Sunday, September 19, 2021 4:37:03 AM(UTC)
Pawche

Was thanked: 50 time(s) in 44 post(s)
I just tried several ticker symbols and Take Stock supplied the information. Sean also had no issues getting Take Stock information. In cases where we cannot duplicate the problem, the issue is often related to the browser being used, or an individual setting in the operating system. I do want to check with other ICLUBcentral staff about other possible causes before requesting further information from you that would help us track down the problem.
Thanks for keeping our attention on this issue.

Russell Malley
Pawche  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 21, 2021 2:49:36 PM(UTC)
Pawche

Was thanked: 50 time(s) in 44 post(s)
Here are some possible causes of the Take Stock report not being generated after entering a ticker symbol.
1.) The StockCentral database of companies does not recognize the ticker symbol. This is most likely to happen if the company is not traded on a major exchange but on an Over-The-Counter market commonly called the Pink Sheets.
2.) The Take Stock request occurs during the time the StockCentral servers are undergoing maintenance. The pre-dawn hours Eastern time on Thursdays is the scheduled time for routine maintenance although work on the servers may occur at other times, as needed.
3.) A program or setting on the user’s computer is interfering with the generation of the Take Stock report. Operating systems, browsers, antivirus programs and firewalls may be the most common contributors to problems.
If you continue to have issues with the Take Stock report being generated after entering the ticker symbol, supplying us with the following information will help track down the cause:
  • Your operating system, including version number, if known
  • The browser(s) used, including version number, if known
  • Any special settings used in your browser, such as ad blocker or pop-up blocker
  • Antivirus program used, including version number, if known
  • Firewall program used, including version number, if known

We appreciate you letting us know when features are not working properly for you. We want StockCentral to be helpful and easy to use.
Russell Malley

BetsyZimmerman  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, September 21, 2021 7:55:33 PM(UTC)
BetsyZimmerman

My operating system is MacOS Catalina, version 10.15.7. Browser is Safari, version 14.1.2. I do not know how to find out if I have an ad blocker, antivirus program, or firewall program.

Just so you know I have used Stock Central for many years and know how to utilize the correct symbols for stocks. I try to use Stock Central at all hours of the day and there has never been a problem till now. I can still obtain Ratio Analyzer.

Betsy
jsolon  
#7 Posted : Saturday, September 25, 2021 10:39:36 AM(UTC)
jsolon

I have had same issue with TakeStock not working when I am using Microsoft Edge as browser. Works well when using Google Chrome as browser.