Login
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Pawche  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 18, 2021 9:47:02 PM(UTC)
Pawche

Was thanked: 48 time(s) in 43 post(s)
On June 15, 2021 the merger of GrubHub with Just Eat Takeaway was completed. This merger is a bit more complex to enter since Just Eat ADR shares received took on the ticker symbol of GrubHub. A simple merger transaction in myICLUB.com does not allow a merger of 2 companies with the same ticker symbol as this appears to be a company merging with itself.
The attached instructions show 2 methods for how this merger can be entered into the accounting software. The tax consequences of these methods for GrubHub shareholders will be in compliance with the tax consequences of the merger.
These instructions will also be posted on the ICLUBcentral website in the transaction FAQ pages most likely sometime the week beginning June 21.
Just Eat Takeaway acquires Grubhub.pdf (84kb) downloaded 1 time(s).
Russell Malley

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Pawche  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 22, 2021 5:25:04 PM(UTC)
Pawche

Was thanked: 48 time(s) in 43 post(s)
A customer kindly informed me the exchange ratio I used in the instructions for this merger is not the correct ratio as per the new GRUB shares they received in this merger. I tracked the problem down to the exchange ratio posted in the SEC document was for Just Eats Takeaway (Amsterdam) shares for each old GRUB share. In a different section of the SEC filing is the information that 1 Just Eats Takeaway (Amsterdam) share = 5 new GRUB shares. This makes the actual old GRUB to new GRUB exchange ratio 3.355 to 1 rather than the 0.671 ratio used in the original instructions. The corrected instructions are attached below as a PDF document.
Just Eat Takeaway acquires Grubhub - Corrected.pdf (85kb) downloaded 0 time(s).
Sorry for any inconvenience, and thank you to the customer whose note brought this missing information to my attention.
Russell