Login
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
hrriggs  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2020 7:47:12 PM(UTC)
hrriggs

I'm a bit confused about the StockCentral data.

From within Toolkit I tried to import the data for DOCU, but it didn't find it. But I went to the StockCentral website and I could download the ssg to import into Toolkit.

Alternatively, I could import CARR data from within Toolkit, but on the StockCentral website it couldn't find the company.

Is there a difference between the data sources (I'm using StockCentral data source in Toolkit).

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

sean  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2020 9:36:10 AM(UTC)
sean

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Hello,

If you are using the Find button or using the Begin New Stock Study > Use Subscribed Data Files in Toolkit, there is an internal list of companies that Toolkit will sort through when you enter a ticker symbol. If the company you're looking for is not in that internal list, it won't show up as an option when entering a name or ticker. *However*, you can still enter a ticker, and click the Use It button. Regardless of whether Toolkit has the company name in its database, it will still check the database at this end, and download a file if it's available.

I'm not sure about the results you're seeing with CARR though. I tried the ticker in Toolkit and on the site this morning, and am getting results in both cases.
If you have trouble with the site still, post the steps you're taking, and the results you see. I'll try to replicate the issue and see what we can do from there.
Pawche  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 22, 2020 9:24:50 PM(UTC)
Pawche

Was thanked: 48 time(s) in 43 post(s)
The data source for ToolKit and StockCentral is the same.
I was able to import SSG data into ToolKit from StockCentral (Data & Research > Company) using both the SSG and ITK format for both DOCU and CARR.
I always have ToolKit closed when I try to import data from StockCentral. For some unknown reason, probably related to my computer/browser combination, the import fails if ToolKit is open when I try to import data from StockCentral into ToolKit. I've also found using the ITK format for the import works better for me than the SSG format.
When you set ToolKit as the default program to open an ITK file, ToolKit will open automatically.
If you still have problems please let us know.

Russell Malley