Login
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
lynnebrown  
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2018 1:50:30 PM(UTC)
lynnebrown

One of my User-Defined screeners stopped working some months ago. Basically I'm looking for stocks with a minimum Take Stock Quality Rating of "Acceptable" and a maximum Historical Value Ratio of 1.0 (100%). Although market valuations have been high, there are stocks with an Acceptable quality rating and an HVR below 100%. An example is SBRA, whose HVR is 30.8%. In testing, I find that setting the maximum HVR to any number results in no stocks being returned.

Then I reset the maximum HVR to "Any" and set the minimum to various values. This results in a list of all stocks of Acceptable quality, regardless the HVR value. Interestingly, the list displays the HVR values as large integers. So, SBRA shows a value 3175.2!

It looks like there's a bug in the calculation of HVR values or in how the screening is done!

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

sean  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2018 9:13:41 AM(UTC)
sean

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Hello,

Thank you for posting this. I'll send your notes over to our engineer, and see what they can tell me about what's happening here.

Regards,
thanks 1 user thanked sean for this useful post.
lynnebrown on 10/16/2018(UTC)
sean  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2018 10:22:19 AM(UTC)
sean

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Hello again,

Our engineer has just made some updates to the stock Screener, specifically to address the HVR question you had asked about.
lynnebrown  
#4 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2018 12:58:20 AM(UTC)
lynnebrown

Thanks! The screener is working fine now.