Login
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Pawche  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 15, 2017 4:09:16 PM(UTC)
Pawche

Was thanked: 48 time(s) in 43 post(s)
During periods of rising interest rates financial companies generally do well. With the Fed signally slow interest rate increases many investors have been looking at financial stocks.
I just did a search of the StockCentral Roster of Quality Companies for financial companies. Currently 3 companies fit into a loose financial category. One is MarketAxess (MKTX). A quick look at Take Stock indicates this stock is hot and potential future returns at the current price are low.
The next company is Credit Acceptance Corp (CACC). Again a look at Take Stock for this company also shows a hot market for its shares. Potential gain at the current price is not reasonable.
The final company is a US regional bank. This is BSB Bancorp (BLMT). The Take Stock report here is a bit more optimistic. The current price is only a few dollars over the recommended price. BSB Bancorp operates in Massachusetts. It is a very small company with last full year revenues of about $50 million. It is also a young company with less than a 10 year history.
As I have at least one large cap financial company that may soon be considered a sell I am looking to at least trim my position in the large cap company and I am looking for replacements. BLMT is an intriguing prospect but I will be doing some more research before making a decision.
The companies listed above are mentioned as possible companies to study. No recommendation to purchase is implied. Financial stocks may not fit your situation. We always encourage subscribers to do their own research.

Russell Malley

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your forum account. New Registrations are disabled.