Login
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ddebruhl  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 24, 2016 9:00:37 AM(UTC)
ddebruhl

1-24-2016. Trying to get Alcoa Quarterly and Annual updates. Alcoa came out with quarterly and annual earnings on January 11, 2016, however StockCentral has not updated there data base so I can get the info into Toolkit. It also seems that other stocks have posting earnings and I am not getting earning form them a well. Is there a problem with StockCentral or Toolkit for not getting timely data updates?

Edited by user Sunday, January 24, 2016 9:08:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Pawche  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 25, 2016 4:54:49 PM(UTC)
Pawche

Was thanked: 50 time(s) in 44 post(s)
I talked to the tech staff. The data comes from the official SEC reports filed by the companies. While these companies have "reported" earnings by announcing them in press releases and posting these on their web sites they have not posted the official SEC filings on their web sites as of this posting. About 1-2 days after the official filing with the SEC is completed the updated earnings will become available to the StockCentral data base. You can check the company web sites to see when the quarterly SEC filing is posted to get an idea when the data base will include the new data.

Russell Malley
StockCentral Community Leader
ddebruhl  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 26, 2016 11:50:05 AM(UTC)
ddebruhl

Thanks for the info. However my broker post results the next day after they are reported then revises them when they post with the SEC.
warren5  
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 31, 2016 10:51:28 PM(UTC)
warren5

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Doesn't the data come from Morningstar?

I concur that something is wrong with the data feed. I don't recall seeing any data updates for companies that have reported so far in 2016. Perhaps someone needs to poke the data feed provider to get data flowing again.

Here's an example. IBM reported on 19-Jan-2016 yet IBM Financials | Morningstar doesn't show Q4 2015 or annual 2015 data. Yet IBM Filings | Morningstar does show the 1/19/16 annual report.

I ran into this issue in the fall with couple of Canadian stocks. I reported them to Morningstar can they agreed they had a data problem. Once Morningstar confirmed it was fixed, the company update appeared in Toolkit6.

Edited by user Sunday, January 31, 2016 10:59:29 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

warren5  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, February 3, 2016 8:45:00 AM(UTC)
warren5

Thanks to whomever checked the plumbing and cleared the blockage. Updated company data is flowing again.
warren5  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, December 15, 2021 1:10:10 PM(UTC)
warren5

On November 17, 2021 METRO Reports 2021 Fourth Quarter Results and now almost a month later https://www.stockcentral...ta/Company?ticker=MRU.TO still has not been updated to reflect Q4 2021.

Is there any reason for the lack of data update?
Pawche  
#7 Posted : Friday, December 17, 2021 5:14:21 AM(UTC)
Pawche

I checked Morningstar a few minutes ago. They do not have Q4 2021 and full year 2021 in their report. Our data does come from Morningstar which explains why it is not appearing on StockCentral. I also checked SEDAR for a Q4 filing. An interim report for Q4 was filed with SEDAR.
I will inform our team that interacts with Morningstar to see what may be causing the delay.
Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Russell
thanks 2 users thanked Pawche for this useful post.
warren5 on 12/18/2021(UTC), Gary941 on 12/30/2021(UTC)
Pawche  
#8 Posted : Monday, December 20, 2021 4:18:52 PM(UTC)
Pawche

Our technical staff who deal with the Morningstar data feed got back to me. Morningstar does not use preliminary data for Metro. The November data released by Metro was preliminary data. Morningstar will not update data for Metro (MRU.TO) until final results have been filed with SEDAR in Canada. The results should be available soon if Metro files final data about the same time this year as they did last year. Last year final results were filed on December 18th.
Once Morningstar starts using final data for Metro it should be available on StockCentral.
Enjoy the Holidays and may you all have a prosperous and healthy new year.
Russell
thanks 2 users thanked Pawche for this useful post.
warren5 on 12/21/2021(UTC), Gary941 on 12/30/2021(UTC)
warren5  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, December 21, 2021 8:23:52 AM(UTC)
warren5

Thank you for investigating and reporting back. Very much appreciated and I've gained some understanding on the underlying data flow and mechanisms.
warren5  
#10 Posted : Monday, December 27, 2021 10:09:58 AM(UTC)
warren5

Update to report. Metro's Q4 data became available on or about 21-December-2021.
thanks 1 user thanked warren5 for this useful post.
sean on 12/28/2021(UTC)