Login
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
surpbl  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 25, 2014 4:22:16 AM(UTC)
surpbl

Hello. I'm totally new to the idea of a stock club. I want to start a club for frineds and family by invitation only. The idea would be like a traditional club where we pool our funds but I wanted to be the sole invester. Basically they would give me the funds to invest for them. Who would I go about this where I would be in control of the club and they would just fund it?

Is it legally possible?

How would such a club be set up?

Thanks,

Paul 

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

gerlach  
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 4, 2014 7:43:58 AM(UTC)
gerlach

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
It's not illegal. There are some circumstances under which an entity operated in such a way could be subject to regulatory oversight and government registration, such as the number of investors, and whether or not you advertise the club publicly. You'll want to check with your state financial regulatory agency and secretary of state to determine any registration requirements that might apply to you.

There are plenty of similar type "clubs" out there, but we don't explicitly support them or have information or recommendations on how they should be organized.

Doug