Login
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kgoodman16  
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 5, 2014 11:51:39 AM(UTC)
kgoodman16

Hi,

I'd appreciate it if someone could give me a sense of what advantages / features TK6 offers over SSG plus, off the BI web site.  As a Mac user, it's certainly easier to use a cloud based application than running a Windows program within Parallels, but only if I can get the functionality I need.  Thanks

Ken Goodman

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

gerlach  
#2 Posted : Friday, May 23, 2014 10:30:30 AM(UTC)
gerlach

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)

BI's SSG Plus is adding features on an ongoing basis. It definitely covers the front side/back side SSG analysis in pretty much the same way Toolkit 6 does.

SSG Plus doesn't have all the portfolio reports that TK6 does, at least not right now.

alberscm1  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 31, 2018 5:14:43 PM(UTC)
alberscm1

I recently started back with Stock Central. I have Toolkit 6, but have been using the SSG Plus exclusively for the last couple of years. Is there any reason, now that I am subscribing to Stock Central, to start using Toolkit 6 instead of the SSG?
Pawche  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 13, 2018 3:39:30 PM(UTC)
Pawche

Was thanked: 50 time(s) in 44 post(s)

I think the decision between ToolKit6 and SSGPlus is a personal use pattern preference. Right now I still use ToolKit6 almost exclusively. Part of this is I have used it for many years so it is quite familiar. I know the reports I want and can get to them quickly.
I use it to analyses stocks for personal and club portfolios. The personal use is heavier so I do not share SSGs frequently.
On the downside, ToolKit6 has been around for years. It can need updates when Windows gets changed. At some point Microsoft may change Windows enough so that ToolKit will need a major re-write to its code. If the user base is not large enough that may prompt a migration of ToolKit to online only. A determining factor for this is more in the hands of Microsoft and their plans for Windows.
If you do more SSGs for club portfolios the SSGPlus makes it easier to share them with club members I think. The RESEARCH link also makes it very easy to access multiple sources of information including MorningStar to SEC filings. This is very convenient.
Also, if you teach new club members how to do an SSG, using SSGPlus may have an advantage. With access to SSGPlus you can toggle to the CoreSSG. CoreSSG is a more individual step by step process which may make it easier for beginners to learn (and for you to teach) the SSG.
So think about your use patterns and choose the platform that best fills your needs.

Russell Malley
thanks 1 user thanked Pawche for this useful post.
i1rgt00 on 2/27/2018(UTC)