Login
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
AmyRNeilson  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 13, 2011 5:36:36 AM(UTC)
AmyRNeilson

Where does the devastating, yet not unexpected, news of the passing of Steve Jobs, leave Apple Inc., both in the near-term, and down the road? Will the company be able to continue its long history of creating some of the world's most popular, innovative, and user-friendly products without Mr. Jobs at the helm?

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

pos81  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 13, 2011 8:30:58 PM(UTC)
pos81

I have no doubt that Apple's best days are still ahead of them. I hear it all the time that Steve Jobs was a visionary. So my question is "How could a visionary of this maginatude be so vain as to think that he was going to live forever"?
DannyM  
#3 Posted : Friday, October 14, 2011 4:49:26 AM(UTC)
DannyM

I doubt Steve Jobs vanity was an issue regarding his longevity. APPLE devotees probably hoped for him to pull out a miracle and return to good health. From what I read he had a succession plan, and his estate in order after he contracted his disease. It would seem that APPLE can continue to be successful. If not, there will be another "visionary" to bring on the next big thing.
IAS  
#4 Posted : Friday, November 18, 2011 3:51:12 AM(UTC)
IAS

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

The Investor Advisory Service updated subscribers on Apple in the November 2011 issue. Here's what we said:

It was an eventful quarter for Apple. Tim Cook took over as CEO, and Steve Jobs lost his long battle with pancreatic cancer. Historically, the departure of a legendary CEO has frequently coincided with a peak in the company’s stock price. Apple could prove an exception, however, as Jobs’ departure was related to his health, not to diminishing company prospects.

Still, Q4 looked like a little bit of a stumble. iPhone sales disappointed analysts, coming in at 17 million units, down from 20 million last quarter. Apple says that anticipation around the release of a new model pushed demand back into Q4. Early reports of strong iPhone 4S shipments seem to confirm that idea, and we expect huge sales in Q1. Apple sold 11 million iPads, up from 9 million last quarter. Laptops grew 26% year-over-year. iPod sales continue to decline. All told, quarterly revenue grew 39% to $28.27 billion. EPS increased 52% to $7.05. Surprisingly, overall gross margin is not forecasted to expand in the holiday quarter. We think the company is sandbagging somewhat, but we would not be surprised if Q1 2012 represents a peak, followed by at least a year of decline. Apple now has $82 billion in cash and securities. The company hints it may be considering a significant share buyback.

AAPL (398.62) is a buy up to 502.