Login
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jimthomas@yahoo.com  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 2, 2013 8:00:33 AM(UTC)
jimthomas@yahoo.com

I'd like it to be easier in Toolkit to switch between multiple stock libraries (multiple .MDB files).

I routinely use one stock library (.MDB file) for personal SSGs and another stock library for club SSGs.  The club portfolio manager maintains the club stock library and distributes it to the other club members from time to time.

Currently, to switch between these two stock libraries in Toolkit is fairly tedious:
  (1) Click on Library
  (2) Click on Library Manager
  (3) Click on "Open a previously created Toolkit library."
  (4) Navigate to the proper folder to find the desired .MDB file
  (5) Double-click on the correct .MDB file
  (6) Click on "Close"

For various reasons, my personal stock library and my club stock library are in different folders, so step (4) involves a fair amount of navigating.

The above would be much easier if clicking on "File" in Toolkit provided a clickable list of the most recent stock libraries (.MDB files) used.  Switching stock libraries would then be as simple as clicking on File and then clicking on the desired stock library.  Doing this is pretty standard practice in many other Windows programs.

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your forum account. New Registrations are disabled.