Login
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gerlach  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 16, 2011 12:52:32 PM(UTC)
gerlach

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)

We are currently working on the 2012 schedule of topics for both our Toolkit 6 User Group and our Investment Club Operations webinar series. Are there any parts of the Toolkit 6 program that you'd like to see demonstrated in a webinar? Are there burning topics about starting or running an investment club that you'd like us to address?

Please post your ideas here and we'll see if we can cover them in an upcoming webinar.

The prior webinar topics are all available on the ICLUB.com web site in the webinar archives.

Thanks!

Doug

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

gerlach  
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 18, 2011 11:04:24 AM(UTC)
gerlach

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Academic research suggests that investors often hold problem companies for too long. They seem to equate "buy and hold" with "buy and never sell." Sometimes I find it good to look at companies that have "stumbled" (like those that you have found logical and short-term-oriented answers for) and ask two questions: 1) are there other companies that I could replace this company with that would decrease the level of uncertainty I feel about the company's prospects? and 2) are there other companies that would provide a higher rate of total return if I switched from the problem stock?

Here is an archived webinar on interpreting sell indicators in Toolkit 6:
http://www.screencast.com/t/NTA5N2MyN2It

Doug