Login
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jshannon22  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 20, 2024 3:23:53 PM(UTC)
jshannon22

Does anyone know a comment on this company ?

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Pawche  
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 20, 2024 9:41:47 PM(UTC)
Pawche

Was thanked: 50 time(s) in 44 post(s)
Skyworks designs and manufactures wireless connectivity chips. Their biggest customers are smart phone manufactures. Apple has been their biggest customer for years. Apple announced it planned to move to some in-house chips that would replace Skyworks content in the past year.There appears to be a delay in those plans.
In the past, Skyworks did well when smart phones sold well. As with most semiconductor companies, 2023 was a down year for Skyworks.
Skyworks has branched out to supply chips for autos, wireless routers and medical devices.
Over the last 10 years sales growth averages out to 7.5% per year and EPS growth has been just under 10% annually.
I do own some Skyworks thru a club and in a personal account.
jshannon22  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 23, 2024 10:37:00 AM(UTC)
jshannon22

Thank you, I also own Skyworks, But I was looking Palantir Technologies, Axcells, and Arista Networks as possible replacements. What is you take?
Pawche  
#4 Posted : Friday, January 26, 2024 3:21:21 AM(UTC)
Pawche

Was thanked: 50 time(s) in 44 post(s)
The following is not a recommendation of any stock. StockCentral always believes you should do your own research and analysis.
I own Arista (ANET). It has done extremely well since my purchase, current price 5x my buy price in 4 years. I wish I bought more. My last analysis has it in a Hold zone. That analysis may have underestimated EPS growth. Playing with the EPS growth rate, ANET won't get in my Buy range unless you assume about 25% EPS growth and a PE of 33. Both of these have been met by ANET recently. Value Line EPS growth estimate is only 17% and the ACE estimate is 18%. You'll need to justify a higher growth rate.
I am not enthusiastic about PLTR. A personal thing about their CEO and little to do with the company. I did try doing an SSG and retrieved a Value Line. Nothing there to change my mind. PLTR has not had a profitable full year yet. That may change when full year 2023 results come out.
I did not know much about Axcelis (ACLS). Had to go out and research a bit. To me this looked the most promising of the companies you mentioned. My SSG put it in the Buy zone. I was more optimistic about EPS growth than the BI member sentiment at 17.5%, in line with Value Line revenue growth of 18.5%. Pre-tax profit on sales has been growing steadily. The management quality measures on the SSG are also steady or improving.
I recently read an article on Seeking Alpha about AMD. According to the article, AMD has a new processor that performs better than Nvidia's top end chip. It is allegedly faster, more energy efficient and can address more memory. The author believes AMD can capture at least 50% of the coming data center market for new chips not already committed to Nvidia. I did a quick SSG and AMD did not make the Buy zone.
If you are OK with looking outside the tech sector, multiple regional banks on the Roster of Quality Companies look attractive. I am not looking for more financial stocks now as I have enough right now.